Mike is a Perth life coach and career counsellor. Coaching consultations and activities can help you resolve the situation that is holding you back from a satisfying and meaningful life. Life coaching focuses on the mainstays of wellbeing – life purpose, personal development, self-acceptance, positive relations with others, autonomy and environmental mastery. Services are provided via Zoom.
Life coaching can improve your sense of clarity over the direction of your life, and the sense of lifestyle you are reaching for. It can assist with those situations you feel you need to deal with now to grow the quality of life you have chosen. Work life balance can be a core area of focus, bringing to the fore your values and desires, and some of the contradictions and conflicts between the various elements of your life. A core module for improving your sense of clarity is establishing your genuine strengths, and how to make them a guiding principle in your life and lifestyle.
This service is especially suited to
- people struggling with self-acceptance
- people working through issues of purpose and meaning,
- people with stress levels that are interfering with important elements of their life, and
- partners in a dual career couple.
Financial freedom can seem like a very distant lifestyle if we are in the wrong day job for who we truly are, or when we work in areas that leverage our weaknesses instead of our strengths. Work situations like that can undermine the joy of living in our relationships and life more broadly, and upset the balance we need for our creative life. Fortunately, in the 2020’s is has never been simpler to launch a niche business to create your own vision of a good life. Of course simple rarely means easy, and for most of us it still takes some time to establish that financial independence as a solopreneur or by owning a microbusiness.
I’m a professional member of the Career Development Association of Australia, and we can work together to put your work life or career on a stable foundation that reflects you and your needs.
Career guidance aims to help you improve where you are in your career so you can better enjoy what you do for a living. It is suitable for:
- Creatives who graduated from university at least 3 to 5 years ago and still haven’t started doing the sort of financially rewarding work they expected to be doing by now.
- Solopreneurs starting their career change to maintain sustainable financial progress to support their desired lifestyle, and would like assistance examining opportunities, niches and investigate how to proceed.
- People whose creative career has been the primary career focus and need to explore and address the impact of that experience on their career satisfaction and financial stability.
Career advice is a spiral of increasing insight and action that passes through several stages. These stages can be revisited often as you distill the feedback and results from your actions.
We take the time to explore your niche in the world, for the choices and possibilities available. This can include an exploration of your beliefs, relations, conflicts and values in the physical, social, personal and spiritual realms of life as you experience it.
One of the primary aims of career development is to be a catalyst for the development of an increased understanding and new perspective on the way you live. Central to that task is an increase in your awareness of self, others and your world. Taking an ecological approach ensures that it includes an awareness of your niche, and the future you want. This hopefully raises new questions about life for you.
When you have achieved your objective, or the purpose or function of having a program of career development becomes redundant, it is profitable to spend a little time to draw the program to a reflective end.